Great news! The 2018 version of the Annual Jack Whitmire Memorial Charity Sporting Clay Shoot will be held April 28th and 29th at the beautiful Beck Ranch with Saturday festivities including Youth Gun Safety instruction, practice rounds, steak dinner, raffle, charity auction and the Calcutta for the shooters. Sunday will feature the popular Flurry, the competition shoot and awards ceremony. Last year we had a full slate of 150 shooters and we anticipate the same this year.
- 10 station shoot $150 per shooter
- $40.00 buy in for the Calcutta. Calcutta auction Saturday evening
- Steak dinner Calcutta and Charity auction Sat evening
- Some practice available on Sat afternoon
- Flurry $10 per person
- The Flurry income will go 50 % to the Rotary Club
- The remaining pot will be split 60% to the winning team and 40% to the second place team
- The long shoot pot will be split the same way
- Dinner Saturday evening is included for shooters. Additional dinner guests are welcome for $25.
Youth Attendees – Please register here. No cost but we need to know you are coming.
The 2018 Clay Shoot offers various levels of tax-deductible sponsorships, ranging from auction sponsors (with a gift of $100 value or more) to event sponsor for $5000. Your contribution to this event will provide you with recognition in Clay Shoot ads and literature, as well as other benefits depending on the level of your gift. Click here for more information about the different levels. Or, as an alternative, you can visit our website at victoriarotary.org or contact the Clay Shoot Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Club Secretary at email@example.com.
On behalf of the late Jack Whitmire, area kids and families, and the Victoria Rotary Club of Victoria, we thank you for your continued support.
Although providing financial assistance for worthwhile organizations and projects, the Victoria Rotary Club does much more than just write checks. Projects that are “Hands On” as well as funded by the club include:
Early Act First Knight – A new approach to character education, featuring spectacular live-action components like real jousting tournaments and periodic knighting ceremonies in which students are recognized for noble deeds, with Rotary providing curriculum resources, monetary support and manpower, where elementary students are taught why it is important to serve others while offering them practical avenues of application in their community.
Rotary Four-Way Speech Contest which presents scholarship funds to winners from the three Victoria high schools.
Adoption Awareness Picnic is held each year at the Victoria Zoo. This event allows prospective adoptive parents to meet adoptable children.
Youth Leadership Awards sponsors young people ages 14-30 to attend an event run by the club’s district committee. Participants are chosen for their leadership potential. Rotary Clubs and the Rotary District cover all expenses for the participants.
Other organizations and programs that have benefited from the clay shoot include:
- Golden Crescent CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
- Victoria YMCA after school program Boy Scouts – So. Texas Council
- Food Bank of the Golden Crescent Young Life Ministries
- Restoration House Ministries Salvation Army Camp Compound